Questionnaire Can Assess Patient-Centerdness of Endometriosis CareBy: Özge Özkaya - Jul 5, 2023
The ENDOCARE questionnaire is a reliable tool to evaluate the patient-centeredness of endometriosis care in Europe.
- The translation of the ENDOCARE questionnaire to different languages is reliable.
- The questionnaire can benchmark European countries in terms of patient-centeredness.
- Policymakers and specialized clinics can use the ENDOCARE questionnaire to monitor their patient-centredness and set up new projects to improve patient-centeredness, if necessary.
What’s done here:
- This is a cross-sectional web-based survey.
- Patients associations from across Europe included to assess the validity, reliability, and potential to take account of cultural and case-mix differences and the discriminative potential of the ENDOCARE questionnaire, benchmark European countries for the patient-centredness of their endometriosis care, and identify specific improvement targets of endometriosis care.
- The translation of the ENDOCARE questionnaire is reliable.
- The ENDOCARE questionnaire has benchmark potential.
- The ENDOCARE questionnaire could explain some variance in patient-centredness across European countries.
European patients with endometriosis think that “reaching a diagnosis quickly” and “physicians demarcating the endometriosis complexity level which they can treat” are important aspects of their care, according to a new study published in the scientific journal Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics & Gynaecology. However, half of the patients experience both aspects negatively.
Based on these findings, the authors of the study said that national and European policymakers and specialized clinics should monitor their patient-centredness and set up new projects to improve the patient-centeredness of endometriosis care.
Their aim was to explore the validity, reliability, and potential to take into account cultural and case-mix differences and the discriminative potential of the ENDOCARE questionnaire, benchmark the patient-centredness of endometriosis care across European countries, and identify specific improvement targets of endometriosis care in Europe.
The study demonstrated that the translation of the ENDOCARE questionnaire in nine different languages was reliable. Moreover, it showed that the questionnaire had benchmark potential since the variance between countries for case-mix-adjusted overall and dimensional patient-centredness scores were significant. It could explain the 3 to 9% of the total variance in patient-centredness across 10 European countries.
According to the study, the countries in which endometriosis care was more patient-centered were Denmark, Italy, and Belgium.
The ENDOCARE questionnaire is a tool to evaluate the patient-centeredness of endometriosis care. It consists of 3 parts that assess the patient’s characteristics, experiences and values and overall rating of care.
Research Source: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36754664/
endometriosis care patient-centered care Europe